Nourishing the Earth, Nourishing our Community
Thank you for signing up! In the next 24 hours you will receive an email from our Project Assistant, Yaz, who will outline next steps – including when you will receive your bucket and bags. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is info on what you can and cannot compost:
WHAT CAN I COMPOST?
- Fruit and Vegetable scraps
- Coffee grounds, coffee filters, used tea leaves and tea bags
- Corn husks and cobs
- Egg shells (without the egg itself)
- Grass clippings
- Plant clippings (Non-diseased), cut flowers
- Used potting soil
- Biobags (provided upon sign up)
Remove all stickers, twist ties and rubber bands. Store your compostables in your freezer during the week to avoid rotting food, odors and fruit flies.
DO NOT INCLUDE MEAT, FISH, EGGS, DAIRY, OILY FOODS (such as cooked pasta or dressed salad).
DO NOT INCLUDE COMPOSTABLE ‘PLASTICS’ (such as forks/spoons, cups etc.)
DO NOT INCLUDE CAT OR DOG LITTER!